A lot of news is merely a short statement, or a headline, without any context. And when we do get news, its often slanted to meet a particular set of interests.
I prefer to get my news from many sources, to try and get to something meaningful.
Here's a story that I don't recall seeing get coverage; its about 10 men who wanted to invade Cuba - and attempted to (foolishly) do so. 5 died in a battle with a Cuban naval vessel, and the other 5 were taken into custody in Cuba.
I appreciated the comment, which I believe can be applied to many situations these days, and not just Cubans:
“The advice I’d give other Cubans is stop consuming so much trash [on social media]. Keep your jobs and don’t come to Cuba to do anything because it’s not going to turn out well,”
The attached story is long form, and thorough. It talks about policy and the history of Cuba and its relationship with the United States.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.