Sunday, September 13, 2026

Strange times

The mid-term election may still be more than a month away, but "the machine" is in full swing.  What I find strange, though, is that all of the things I see are from one point of view.  Yeah, I pretty much only see "stuff" from the MAGA-aligned groups and candidates.

This election feels different than others.  I don't know what to make of it exactly, and the question I have is *why* so many ads are essentially hating on one person, distorting the truth, and fear mongering.  

And then there's the matter of the FCC not allowing for a democratic candidate to be interviewed on network television, while allowing his opponent to go on unfettered and say whatever he wanted.  

Of course, you also have captain tangerine poopy pants offering $5,000 to every adult if his party retains the house.  I mean, he's promised money to Americans several times, and of course reneged every time.  Why should this be any different?  And let's not forget that its not up to him; congress must approve it and appropriate the funds.  And if you do the math, this would be nearly a TRILLION dollars removed from the treasury.  Meaning we move further into a deficit.  Couldn't that money be used for some other good?  And isn't the party (and him) *against* welfare?  I mean that's what this is, isn't it?

Sigh.  Here's to hoping people have indeed already made up their minds, and this election swings the pendulum back a little.  

But don't rest on that!  Remind people you know to check on their voting status and to make a plan to actually vote.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.