Monday, October 5, 2026

A collection of liars

As I have noted previously, the political ads on tv are all just hokum. Complete and utter lies and misrepresentations to sway the gullible. (Though I do wonder how many among us are as yet undecided?) 

This guys platform will cost taxpayers a gazillion dollars! We can’t afford that!

This woman is a socialist. She’ll empty prisons and defund the police and the military!  You have to choose between socialism and freedom!

What the actual …?

But the one that really struck me was Byron Donalds who is running for governor in Florida. He has an ad where his wife does most of the talking and he just plays along with an “awe shucks” vibe. The critical thing to notice is that she says they were poor and working two jobs just to get by!

And then I stumbled onto this older interview where he specifically says the job situation is great and that no one makes the federal minimum of $7.25. And blah, blah, blah. 

Right. So you just say whatever and hope people don’t notice or don’t care. Because people are gullible. 


I also have to ask - though of course it doesn’t much matter because everything is fiction - how he went from “dirt poor” to “successful” and hobnobbing with the elite. 

I guess he’s another one of those politicians who got his, and "who cares?" about everyone else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.